The right start to your child’s lacrosse journey.
TryLax is an exciting option for local programs to recruit new players into the sport and their organization. Through this grant, USA Lacrosse member organizations can introduce lacrosse to boys and girls, ages 6-14, for the first time, with the necessary resources to provide a safe and fun introductory experience.
"TryLax was a great way to create exposure to the game and to our organization."
TryLax, You’ll Like Lax
TryLax clinics are a 90-minute, introductory lacrosse experience for kids who have never played before, but are thinking they might want to. The clinic features USA Lacrosse designed curriculum delivered by coaches from local lacrosse programs.
USA Lacrosse will provide the following resources to organizations receiving a TryLax clinic grant:
- Marketing materials (flyer & graphic for e-blast)
- TryLax curriculum and recorded webinar for the volunteer coaches
- Up to 100 sticks: 50 boys’ sticks & 50 girls’ sticks (models may vary)
- Up to 10 dozen soft-practice balls (for use during the clinic)
- Up to 100 Swax Lax Balls (for each participant to take home) (limited quantities, while supplies last)
- Walk-up registration form and waiver
- USA Lacrosse memberships (included post-event)
- Post event, USA Lacrosse will send the participants a follow-up email
The Cost of Participation
The recommended registration fee is $35 per participant, but that may vary by location based on the grant agreement. The fee includes a lacrosse stick and a one year membership to USA Lacrosse for each clinic participant.
How to Apply
Organizations wishing to apply to host a TryLax clinic must submit a Proposal Form in order to be eligible to receive a grant. Please follow the link below to learn more about the Grant Process and to submit an Interest Form that will keep you notified about evolving grant cycles and deadlines.