SPARKS, Md. — Registration for the USA Lacrosse Academy in Philadelphia, a professional development opportunity for coaches and officials, is now open. The USA Lacrosse Academy will be held from Jan. 13-14, 2024 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The officials curriculum will be focused on sixes and box officiating for both the men’s and women's game.
The coaches portion of the academy is an intimate educational opportunity curated to provide coaches of every level with practical insight, x's and o's instruction from top collegiate and club coaches to support them for the upcoming season. Attendees will hear from a wide range of coaches covering the core components of the game.
Among the scheduled coaching speakers are:
- Amy Altig: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, University of Delaware; Assistant Coach, U.S. Women’s National Team, 2022
- Tucker Durkin: Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Drexel University; U.S. Men’s National Team player, 2014, 2018
- Haley Hicklen: Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, University of Pittsburgh; U.S. Women’s Sixes Team player, 2022
- Pamella Jenkins: Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Delaware State University
- Seth Tierney: Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Hofstra University; Assistant Coach, U.S. Men’s National Team, 2018, 2023
Following Saturday’s sessions, a networking event will be held in advance of the Philadelphia Wings vs. Saskatchewan Rush National Lacrosse League game. A game ticket is included in the cost of registration for the academy.
For more information about the USA Lacrosse Academy in Philadelphia, please visit https://www.usalacrosse.com/event/regional-academy-philly
About USA Lacrosse
USA Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is a Recognized Sport Organization of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee. As the governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, USA Lacrosse leads the U.S. National Teams Program and establishes universal standards. With more than 400,000 members across the country, USA Lacrosse unites the community of players, coaches, officials, parents, and program leaders. Working together, we inspire participation, enrich the athlete experience, and support the growth of the sport.