USA Lacrosse invites applications for the position of certified athletic trainer to serve as a member of the medical staff for the 2022 U21 Men's National Team. Reporting to the director of high performance, this volunteer position will run from November 2021 through August 2022.
USA Lacrosse provides world-class medical providers the opportunity to help lead the U.S. National Team in its preparation leading up to and during World Championship events. The term of service for the U21 athletic trainer will conclude following the completion of the 2022 U21 World Championships in Limerick, Ireland.
Members of the USA Lacrosse national team medical staff are primarily responsible for the medical care and treatment of the athletes. Necessary qualifications for this position include:
• NATA certification
• Current C.P.R and AED certifications
• Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills
• Awareness of and willingness to be available and flexible in a program of rapidly changing needs and exigencies
• The physical and psychic stamina necessary to work in and support a broad and demanding program
• At least 5 years sport-specific experience with lacrosse
The position of athletic trainer has been filled very successfully by full-time professionals who, with careful planning and preparation, have balanced the demands of their day job and professional medical responsibilities.
Applications for this vacancy will be accepted through October 15, 2021.