The annual ceremonial kickoff to the lacrosse season will be back in person this year with the USA Lacrosse Convention taking place from Jan. 14-16 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Here are some highlights and key pieces of info for this year’s convention:
Walk-up registration is available for the main portion of the convention on Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the 300 Level of the Pratt Street Lobby of the Baltimore Convention Center. The walk-up price is $190 for USA Lacrosse members and $230 for non-members. Full registration covers all of the coaches and officials education sessions from Jan. 14-16, admission to a networking event on Jan. 14, access to the Expo Hall and more.
Fan Fest takes place on Saturday, Jan. 15 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Geared towards young players and fans of the sport, Fan Fest has autograph sessions with top U.S. national team and professional players, live field demonstrations and a lively Expo Hall with the latest innovations in the sport. Online tickets are $15 for members and $20 for non-members through Friday. On Saturday, the price increases to $20 for members and $25 for non-members.
Note: Per Baltimore City health mandates, all attendees must wear a a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth while inside the Baltimore Convention Center.
Get the App
Stay in the know with everything LaxCon related by downloading the USA Lacrosse LaxCon app. It’s available on the Apple and Google app stores and can also be accessed via the web at https://event.crowdcompass.com/laxcon2022. The app features the full convention schedule, connections to vendors, offers networking opportunities and more.
LaxCon once again features a robust pool of accomplished speakers sharing their knowledge to help fuel the growth of the sport. Included among the pool of speakers are five national team coaches — Amy Altig, John Danowski, Nick Myers, Joe Spallina and Regy Thorpe.
New USA Lacrosse CEO Marc Riccio will also present a session on Jan. 15 where he outlines his vision for the future and holds a Q&A with USA Lacrosse members.
The excitement of the sport is always evident at Fan Fest as the stars of tomorrow meet their heroes. Here are some of the Fan Fest activities:
- Current and former U.S. national team players Rob Pannell (12 PM), Grant Ament (1 PM), Kylie Ohlmiller (1:30 PM), Greg Gurenlian (2:30 PM) will be available for autograph sessions at the USA Lacrosse Booth in the vendor area.
- Fans can also stop by the USA Lacrosse booth to enter for a chance to win a pair of Nike Huarache 8’s autographed by the U.S. National Teams.
- The National Lacrosse League will have a “Fastest Shot” activity at its booth in the Expo Hall
- Lax Sports Network will be onsite conducting live interviews with lacrosse celebrities in the Expo Hall.
- Athletes Unlimited stars Kylie Ohlmiller, Mira Shane and Kayla Wood and the league’s Abi Jackson will discuss “Building Your Brand: NILs and Social Presence.”
- Terry Foy of Inside Lacrosse will moderate a panel on multi-sport athletes with coaches Joe Spallina and Janine Tucker and National Lacrosse Hall of Fame member Skip Lichtfuss.