The USA Lacrosse LGBTQ+ Inclusion Scholarship provides financial support and hope to two admirable student-athletes who demonstrates positive sensitivity to and involvement in LGBTQ+ issues. This scholarship is designed to promote academic excellence and increased visibility of talented LGBTQ+ students in lacrosse.
- Recipient’s name, image and essay may be published in a US Lacrosse publication or digital platform.
- Recipient is required to provide official enrollment documentation for part time or full-time enrollment at a community college (2 year degree track) or a college/university (4 year degree track). Failure to do so will result in retraction of said scholarship.
- Complete scholarship application form. -Be a United States Citizen or be a legal immigrant.
- Be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship. -Be attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the United States.
- Documented leadership, support, or involvement in organizations, activities, or issues that promote awareness and acceptance of the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender (LGBTQ+) community.
- A personal essay on how your sexual orientation or gender identity has impacted your athletics, personal life, and school life. (1000 word max)
- Provide at least 1 letter of recommendation from non-family members.
- Include official high school transcript with proof of good academic standing. Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Proof of acceptance to a college/university is required.
- Application deadline is June 28, 2022.
- Winner notified by email by June 30, 2022.