6 Emily Parros
2022 U.S. Women Roster|
Emily Parros is making the most of her second chance with the U.S. national team program.
Parros thought her U.S. team career was done after a one-year stint following her graduation from North Carolina in 2013. But when her college coach, Jenny Levy, took over the U.S. team program she decided to make another run at it. It's paid off as the versatile midfielder has become a key force for the USA.
A prolific scorer at Strath Haven (Pa.) High School, scoring over 600 points, Parros has evolved her game over the years into a do-it-all player who uses her coaching experience to be one of the smartest players on the field.
- Played on U.S team for one year after graduating from college in 2013
- Returned to U.S. team program at Fall Classic in 2018 and has played in every event since
- Two-time captain at North Carolina, including 2013 when UNC won its first national title
- Four-year starter who had 118 points in her career
- No. 18 on Athletes Unlimited leaderboard last summer
- Played in both the WPLL and UWLX before joining Athletes Unlimited
- Completed first year as an assistant coach at North Carolina after four years as an assistant at East Carolina, helping Tar Heels win the national championship